Thursday, November 29, 2007

Snow Madness



Could it be? Could it really happen? Well they are calling for it, but when I took this picture the sun was coming up (@ 8:30!).

I love when there is a threat for snow here in Whatcom County. People get crazy around here. Walmart and Target are filled with a few more people than usual, and all everybody can talk about is the snow. It is exciting for us. The thing that I hate about the snow is driving in it. I don't mind it, but I get a little freaked out by the other people on the road. I'm the guy who is going fairly slow (5-10 under the speed limit) and doesn't care when he gets home. Then there is the other guy who "grew up driving in the snow" and is in his SUV and speeds around me going about 45 MPH. Those are the guys who freak me out. Those are the guys who get a little crazier when it snows.

It is snow madness. Whatcom County suffers from it. We all love it and hate it at the same time. Snow madness is why I want to move to hawaii and only visit washington during the winter.

2 comments:

Matt Martinson said...

I love the snow! Unfortunately whenever "they" say it's going to snow (and by they I mean, The Man, who controls our lives and also our weather), it doesn't.



oh well

Kurt Ingram said...

can you believe you are going to graduate soon? thats crazy. i have a whole freaking year left, school is like the never ending enema